Wednesday 21 November 2012

Sweet pea, sweet pea, where for art thou sweet pea

They have arrived in all their fragrant beauty!!!  Masses of gorgeous fragrant sweet peas are breaking open to greet me with a "Hi Sue".  I love these so much so that a small bunch got picked with a few things from my wild flowers and placed in a small jug.  They are now sitting next to dad who also loved old fashioned fragrant flowers.  So these are for you Bruce!!
The sweet peas have been climbing up toward the sky competing with the poppies on the other side of the netting.  Both sides of this garden is just lovely and sitting at the table in the little gardened court yard is pure heaven for me now.  I can sip my Earl grey while hiding behind all the flowers.  The poppies are flowering fast and furiously  but they don't last long, especially if the wind picks up.  But they look spectacular during their short stay.  The seed heads are equally fabulous and hold next years crop!!
How fabulous is the scarlet red and black.  Each stage of the poppies bursting out into bloom is beautiful.  The poppy show will go on for a while as there as many buds waiting for their turn to open and show off.  I grew lavender ones as well, they were smaller, but just as beautiful in their own way.  I have been watching an English Gardener do her thing in her huge garden on Sky so have been inspired to collect seeds and clippings for next year.  I will have plenty so if any one local wants some just let me know. My carnations are just starting to do their bit in the garden so they will get the next photo shoot I imagine!!  I cannot believe my week is already at the half way point.  Monday was work  at the shop for me and another enjoyable day it was.  TOF came and got the car as he had to go to the Hospital and get some nasty old metal scraped out of one of his eyes.  Must have got it in there when grinding, but it wasn't looking pretty.  When he came back to pick me up he was well over Monday.  Apart from sitting waiting for a couple of hours for "his turn" he then cocked up the paying and leaving of the car park building.  He forgot to pay before getting to the barrier arm so the cars behind him had to all back up so he could go do that.  Needless to say he wasn't a very happy TOF when he got home.   All better now tho'!!
This is a selection of goodies from the last couple of days. The aqua top is actually really nice has all embroidery on the hem edges.  The pattern will be adjusted to FIT!!!  The dress I intend on slipping into tomorrow if the weather continues to be beautiful.  There was no SuesDay today as I had an appointment and Sue W is busy redecorating the farm cottage so they can rent it out again.  So we are now on for Friday, Frocks and all, so look out Op Shops!!  This will happen once I have taken Jak to his Physio, and dropped my car off for a warrant.  Jak may have a stress fracture in his right leg and not happy about the prospect of a cast for six weeks.  If he gets a cast then we can honestly say his summer plans are shagged!!!  So fingers and toes and whatever else you can cross, and lets hope for a muscle strain!!  We won't know until this time next week when we go to a sports doctor and have a scan done.  In the mean time it is physio and strapping.  Actually the strapping reminds me of those Herve Ledger bandage dresses.  Just saying.
Before I go I wanted to share my new garden ride with you all. TOF has my dads old contractors wheel barrow which I find cumbersome and difficult to navigate around the garden.  So I went to Bunnings (a man store) and got me my pimpin' hot garden wheelie.  I have filled it once already with dead heading and pruning and it is so easy to maneuver.  It must be a girl as it is so user friendly so she is gong to be named Black Betty!!  Wee Oscar has even been for a ride in her!!  "Oh Black Betty......"
Got to go so hope your week has been going fine for you all.  Catch you all later in the week with a round up after Friday Frocking!!!

I Sweet Peas!!

3 comments:

Vix said...

It's all go with you, isn't it? I'm surprised you even find time to go shopping (but there's always time, right?) Those poppies are lovely, hope TOF's eye and Jak's suspected fracture work out okay and that dear Bruce appreciates those blooms! x

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Put me on the list for poopy seeds, I'm trying to decide where my wildflower garden will go next year, I dunno if me garden is big enough hahah!

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Put me on the list for poopy seeds, I'm trying to decide where my wildflower garden will go next year, I dunno if me garden is big enough hahah!